Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
...is due MONDAY! Remember the guidelines:
- at least 2 lines and images for each of the 5 senses
- words should be descriptive and create "word pictures" so the reader feels like they can "experience" the images you create
- do NOT label which of the senses each line is (it should be apparent from your description)
- at least 10 total lines
- can rhyme or be free verse
- "decorations" of pictures, etc can earn some extra credit (but is NOT more important than the poem
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Don't forget to do the rhyme scheme for "Respiration" and "The Weaver". (I know you may not "know it," but try to look for the end rhymes and we will review first thing tomorrow!) We will be moving into imagery with Langston Hughes and Biggie tomorrow...and don't forget to be thinking of Thanksgiving sensory details for your imagery poems!
Monday, November 7, 2011
Your final drafts of the "Beauty" projects are due TOMORROW (Tuesday)!!!! And don't forget if you are going to take advantage of a little bit of amnesty you have to turn in your Up questions tomorrow. (Remember, you will not get even close to full credit, but some is better than none, so take me up on it!) Also, periods 5-7, your notebooks are due again. (1, 3-4, you can turn yours in for late credit tomorrow ONLY!) Good luck!